Newsletter - October 1st, 2013|
Ready - Set - FltPlan Go
Our new iPad app is now available and it's free!
FltPlan.com is pleased to announce the release of our new, free FltPlan Go iPad app. FltPlan Go is the latest addition to the variety of powerful tools available for pre-flight, in-flight and post-flight. The new FltPlan Go app is also the platform on which we will add many great new features in the future.
The existing FltPlan.com Legacy app was originally created four years ago to provide pilots with airport information and approach charts. As pilots' in-flight needs grew, the Legacy app continued to add more features and functionality. In order to continue to add more capabilities, we felt that it was better to start over with an improved platform, so we developed FltPlan Go.
Among the new features on FltPlan Go are the following:
• Rubber banding for flight planning
• Ability to create and edit routes offline
• Breadcrumbs - leaves a trail of where you have been on the screen
• XM - WX capabilities from Baron Weather
• ADS-B weather and traffic using Sagetech Clarity receiver
• Geo-Referenced Taxi Charts
• Geo-Referenced IFR Approach Charts
• Helicopter Routes, TAC Charts
• Graphical SUAs (Special Use Airspace) for offline use
• Multiple binders for easy access to the info you need
• Ability to save notes and highlight on multiple Approach Charts
• Enhanced FBO information
• Current fuel prices
• Downloadable street map for offline viewing
The above new features are in addition to those already available on the FltPlan 'Legacy' app:
• Moving maps for High & Low IFR Enroute Charts for the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Caribbean
• IFR Approach Charts for the U.S. and Canada
• Document storage and document sharing
• Weight & Balance
• Downloadable NavLog & Weather
• Integration with the FltPlan.com website
• Weather & TFR overlay
In the coming weeks we will also be migrating many of the features from our previous FltPlan Legacy app over to FltPlan Go, like our eLogbook program, Runway Wind Calculator, Density Altitude Calculator, and Fuel Conversion. The FltPlan Legacy app will remain available.
Whether a student pilot or a seasoned pilot, FltPlan Go is the App for you
For VFR pilots, the FltPlan Go app has A/FD (Airport Facility Directory), sectionals and current graphical SUA (Special Use Airspace).
For IFR pilots, FltPlan Go has Geo-Referenced U.S. Approach Charts. Enroute Charts are available for the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean Enroute Charts.
For all pilots, FltPlan.com has a wide range of W&B profiles available from a C150 to a Gulfstream 280 to a Sikorsky S76.
Are you paying too much for add-ons on your other Apps?
In an unprecedented move for flight planning apps, the FltPlan Go app includes free Geo-Referenced Approach Charts. We are rolling out these charts as they are completed for specific regions of the country. Currently we have Geo-Referenced Approach Charts for the eastern half of the U.S. The western portion of the U.S. will be included in the coming weeks. Airport Taxi Diagrams are already available for the whole U.S. As on our FltPlan Legacy app, Canadian Approach charts and Enroute Charts are also part of our FltPlan Go app at no charge.
For more on FltPlan Go, click here.
For a tutorial on how to use FltPlan Go, click here.
FltPlan Go can be found at Apple's iTunes Store. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fltplan-go/id694832363?mt=8
FltPlan.com On Twitter
Follow us on Twitter for up-to-date information on busiest airports, most used aircraft, and more. http://www.twitter.com/FltPlan
Thanks for using FltPlan.com
all rights reserved © Copyright 1999-2013 by Flight Plan LLC